We may at times share images of the art works we create, including commissioned art works. We will never identify you, the subjects in any artwork, or link to your facebook page when we share these works unless you give specific, explicit permission to do so.
We will not share images of art work you commission that feature identifiable people if you tell us not to do so, and we will remove any such works if you ask us to do so.
When I read about this weekly photo challenge theme — happy — it was immediately obvious to me that my entry would need to feature my family. Regular visitors know that I don’t usually post pictures of family, but for this theme nothing else is really fits so well!
Sunset from Ridge Road, Canton, Michigan. Nikon D80, Nikkor 35mm, f/9, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, EV -1.0, Tiffen 0.6 graduated ND filter.
Hi Everyone, just a quick note to followers to let you know that the linked image in my previous post – West Michigan, Early Morning #1 – is now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
The proper post is here: https://johnmullinax.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/west-michigan-early-morning-1/
Nikon D80, Nikkor 50mm, f/7.1, 28 seconds, ISO 200.
Nikon D80, Nikkor 50mm, f/13, 7.1 seconds, ISO 200, EV -0.7.
Nikon D80, Nikkor 50mm, f/11, 8 seconds, ISO 200.
I’m curious – which of these three photos do you prefer? Let’s call the top one (A), the middle shot (B), and the final photo (C). All three were taken this past Monday (19-Mar, the last day of our “non-winter”) just before sunrise on the Huron River at Gallup Park in Ann Arbor. There’s something about these shots that I’m drawn to, but also there’s something I’m not quite happy with either. Not sure if it’s the composition, or what.
Very much appreciate reading your thoughts on which you prefer, and why — I’m hoping it will help me sort out what can’t quite put my finger on. Thanks!
Wow – what a surprise to receive this award nomination for my little blog – seriously humbling! Thanks so much MDPhotographers!
The award nominations process asks that nominees include a few guidelines:
- In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated me and link back to them in this post(see above)
- Share 7 random things about myself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Here are 7 random things about me:
- I like hot, spicy food
- I started taking pictures in part because I couldn’t draw
- I periodically try to teach myself to draw
- I am persistent but not patient
- Kauai is the second most beautiful place I’ve ever been
- I’ve traveled to about 40 states in the United States and 17 countries (so far)
- I learned to scuba dive while working as an intern at Subic Bay in the Philippines
And, here are the 7 fellow bloggers I’m nominating for this award (in no particular order)!