What a wonderful word. I was honored (very honored, actually) to be nominated for the Sunshine Award today by 8teen39 of Quotography! He said I could either join in the award, “or be curmudgeonly”. I decided to join in. In addition to be honored, I was also shamed by 8teen39 for my past curmudgeonlyness. So in addition to responding to the Sunshine Award, I’m also going to respond to the Liebster Award nomination that I received from BWBears (and for which I am also truly grateful and honored — even if I have been curmudgeonly in my late response). Thank you 8teen39 and BWbears for your very thoughtful and kind nominations!
First up, the Sunshine Award:
Here are the rules:
- Include the logo award in your post. (See above)
- Answer some questions about yourself (like 8teen39, i’m going with 6)
- Nominate some of the other bloggers that you love. (See below)
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. (See those blogs, below)
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. (Again, see above)
Ok, here are the fun facts!
- My eyes are very bad. Thank goodness I can wear glasses during the day. I wear a watch at night because I can’t read my alarm clock.
- I have been wearing a pair of Ecco shoes (mostly boots) almost everyday for almost 15 years now. I’m on my 4th or 5th pair, and it’s time for new ones again.
- I was originally attracted to photography – in large part – because I could not draw. (I’ve tried to teach myself to draw several times as an adult.)
- I started college as a history major and thought I would become a teacher. Then, I tutored students at the local elementary school, and discovered how absolutely drained I was after a 2.5 hours of tutoring!
- I really disliked math when I was in school — until I got into college and discovered discrete math and statistics
- I learned to scuba dive while working in the Philippines
And here are the blogs I’m nominating for the Sunshine Award:
- Tracy Louise Photography. Such beautiful composition, and gorgeous, contrasty, saturated colors in her photography !
- Pablo Buitrago. A very talented and creative young photographer from Columbia. He always seems to be experimenting, finding new ways to make new images — and he inspires me to do the same!
- Dreamscapes. Speaking of inspiration - The photography here inspires awe and wonder. How much I have to learn – the images are unspeakably beautiful!
- SKEDazzles. A range of different types of photograpy here, and always fascinating – whether it’s a landscape, architectural, macro, or still life. A treat every time!
Now, for the very thoughtful Liebster Blog Award.
Here are those rules:
- Say thanks to the blogger who nominated you, and link back to them. (See above)
- List 5 fab blogs, ideally with fewer than 200 followers that you feel deserve the Liebster Award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.(I’ve decided not to follow this rule, as I can’t always tell how many followers each blog has)
- Copy and paste the award to your blog. (See below)
- Hope that the 5 people you’ve picked are tickled enough to pass the award onto their 5 Favorites! (Done! And fingers crossed, too :) )
And finally, my nominations for the Liebster Blog Award:
- Flickr Comments by FrizzText. Sometimes humorous, sometimes serious, always interesting. The self-portrait that I’ve linked to here is absolutely wonderful.
- David Williams Photography. A superb, and consistently growing collection of beautiful, evocative photos!
- Ian Spagnolo. Truly wonderful images here – Ian never fails to stir the emotions with his incredible photography
- Going Dutch. A delicious mix of beautiful photos, text, and Filipino recipes! You really can’t go wrong. :)
- SiriusProductionsLLC. The posts here on the bloggers recent trip to Africa simply demand to be read. Check it out now, but be prepared to come back spend some time. It’s worth it. Amazing photography AND adventure (safari, climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro). Awesome stuff!
It really is a huge honor to be nominated for these awards. Frankly every single time someone clicks “like” or leaves a comment I’m amazed and humbled, so being nominated for awards like this — for my little blog — is really beyond words to me. Thanks again 8teen39 and bwbears!